- Printed on each sealed bubble of the card is the name of the patient, name of medication, and the day/time the dose is to be taken. All bubbles are perforated to allow ease for travel or changes. Each card has medication directions, expiration information, unique individual serial number, and corresponds with the color coded frame designating time of day.
- Heartland delivers maintenance medications 5 to 7 days in advance of your client/facility due date.
- We obtain refills from your doctors, relay information from doctors' offices of needed appointments, labs, start all prior authorizations or appeals; providing better communication between clients, staff, doctors, and the pharmacy.
- Your staff may have a choice of two different monthly medication reports free of charge. MARS (Medication Administration Records) or MSRS (Medication Supervision Records.) Two copies are provided, one for location charting and one for your office/nurses book. Each MSR has medications grouped together on the report by time of day and color coded corresponding to card frames. Each MAR has a color coded box that corresponds to the client's' card of medication helping staff to accurately document doses taken. Manufacturer warnings, side effects, doctor information, diagnosis, description of pills, medication diary/logs, and pill images are provided on both reports.
- Heartland also provides for agencies, day service providers, and targeted case management (with authorization on file) to have ID/password protected access into our Electronic MAR system with the availability to view or print on demand MARS reflecting daily changes, reports sorting for clients' expiring medications and needed refills from doctors' offices, medication changes that have occurred (for various time frame selections) per agency group or individual person served, and to print Physician Order Sheets on demand prior to doctor appointments.
- BCI link for daily download of updated medication information on consumers into the BCI program (with authorization on file) to exchange with CDDO's with access to the BCI program.
- Heartland can meet all your clients' diabetic supply needs.
- Optional automatic reorder of specified PRN medications or loose items.
- 1st dosing after hour emergency services with a pharmacist on call 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- Monthly review by our pharmacists of each client's medications for drug interactions, duplications, and therapeutic appropriateness.
- All controlled medications are isolated with indications of control on packaging and MARS.
- Other packaging options include traditional unit dose cards or a multi-dose system of med-on-time cards.
- Optional service of our pharmacist to visit your facility and provide quarterly reviews, consultations, check for expiration and destruction of medications for a fee.
- In services are offered with no charge to train your current and new staff on how to use the Medicine-On-Time system and EMARS.
- Free daily delivery across Kansas from our Lawrence or Wichita, Kansas stores and proud to serve Missouri from our new Platte Woods, Missouri location.
- Heartland accepts Medicaid and most Medicare D plans. We also actively review each client's formularies throughout the year and prior to Medicare D open enrollment to ensure they are the best Medicare D plan (based on their specific medications,) and extend education to clients and facilities helping manage Medicare D changes.
Heartland strives to provide the best service for our clients and facilities around the region with an easy to use system, and with over 12 years of long term care experience. Please visit www.medicine-on-time.com to view examples of our unique packaging provided free of charge to all our clients.Heartland Homecare Services, Inc Notice of Privacy Practices (pdf)